Thursday, June 21, 2012

Long as I remember the rain been comin' down Clouds of mystery pourin' confusion on the ground. Good men through the ages tryin' to find the sun. And I wonder still I wonder who'll stop the rain. John Foggerty must have been up here when he wrote the words to this song.  It rained all yesterday morning.  Had lunch and it cleared up a little - that means the cloud bank wasn't very low!!  Jerry went fishing for about 4 hours but nothing in the boat - those fish are pretty smart about throwing the lures.  I stayed in, cleaned up a little and finished two books.  One was "My Life with Elvis" written by a woman who was his secretary for 13 years.  She quit a couple of years before he died.  It was interesting to see his life from her perspective.  And the other is "Yellow Brick Roads to Gold Rock". This is the story of gold mining in this area from the late 1800's thru mid 1940's.  They did find gold up here and for a while the mines were really producing but it wasn't a huge amount and the mines eventually closed up but some of the characters stayed.  One of the old homes is still standing and Jerry went by  there on Tuesday.  Kris marked it on the map so we can go back up there but I don't know if I want to.  It's the home of Bill and Alice Watson - there is a lot about them in the book and she had a very hard life (due to Bill's lie) so I don't know if I want to go there but who knows.   

So today I'm quoting Bob Seger - Against the wind, We were runnin' against the wind, We were young and strong, we were runnin' Against the wind.  Yeah buddy.  When these fronts move thru and clear up, it gets windy.  Today the wind is going to be 15 with gusts up to 25.  Guess I will do some laundry while he rocks and rolls in the boat.  All those waves really mess up my equilibrium and when we get on shore, I feel like I'm still out there - hence, the reason I do not do fair rides! Hope everyone is doing well.  Looks like TX got some rain yesterday and earlier the radar showed some moving into NW AR.  WPS (for those non-Hog fans that is WooPigSooie).  We play in the College World Series tonight at 8.  We play the winner of the Kent/South Carolina game.  Their game was cancelled last night due to rain so they are playing this morn and then have to play again tonight.  If we win, we are in the finals.  If we don't, we have to play another game tomorrow.  







Pix 1 - Jerry's first Manitou Small mouth.  #2 - Gail's very first small mouth. #3 Jerry's first Manitou pike.  #4 - bluebird skies and fluffy white clouds.  #5 - not bluebird skies and fluffy white clouds.  #6 - hail from the storm in #5  #7 - Jerry holding Gail's first ever pike.  Pike had really swallowed the lure so we had to get it back into water pretty quick.   Hope everyone has an awesome day.  LY

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Symone was so surprised when I told her about the hail!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fish pics! I didn't realize that JUNE was rainy season in Canada! :)

    ReplyDelete