Friday, June 29, 2012

Here it is  - our last full day at Manitou Weather Station.  And it is windy but not as bad as yesterday - wind gusts up to 35 mph (it's 13 with gusts to 25 now) - the lake looked like the beach with all of the waves.  We went out for a couple hours this morn - caught a few small mouths and pikes.  Back to cabin for lunch and Jerry is out fishing again.  We are having supper at the lodge tonight since by that time I will have the kitchen stuff packed up.  

It is hard to believe that it will be two weeks tomorrow that we arrived.  The first few days seemed never-ending (sunrise is around 5, sunset 9:30 but still light at 10:15) and now they are going by too fast.  I will admit that I was apprehensive - two weeks with no cell phone or tv but it hasn't been all that bad - I've managed to read 6 books.  And since we have the Internet, we kept up with the headlines and checked on family which gave us peace of mind.  So we weren't totally off the grid but close!

So tomorrow, we start the 1,100 mile journey home (as I'm typing this it is 105 in Conway and 78 here with 38% humidity - wonder if we can extend our stay?).  Thanks to all of you that have read and/or commented on the blog (btw - just found the caption key for the pictures!!).  I have enjoyed sharing our trip with you. Those of you that have not experienced a trip like this to Canada  -  you need to.  I am not going to say good-bye to MWS just "I'll see you next year".  Love to all

Self explanatory!

The waves from yesterday and it is looking like that now

Inukhuk at the lodge.  You see them along the shore and highways - trail markers

2 comments:

  1. We have enjoyed this trip along with you! Thanks for sharing. Will have to tell you, played the loons again and Russell did not like it. Ears up, staring at the monitor, then pushing on me with his nose as he sared at it. Safe journeys for you (and Mo)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vacations go by so fast. It sounds like you guys had a great time and the location was a "hit"! Thanks for allowing us to tag along through your blog! Now you can look forward to next year! Have a safe trip back!!

    ReplyDelete