Sunday, June 24, 2012


We had a great time fishing yesterday morn.  Went into a little bay and I stopped counting at 10 pike.  They were about 15-20" range but so much fun.  Made it back in time to join everyone at the lodge for a fish fry with the muskie "hunters".  They took a break from the tourney for lunch so we got to listen to the stories about "the one that got away".  Met a couple of guys that went to Cornell and get together up here every other year. Jerry went back out for several hours and got into the pike again.  We watched the sunset and called it a day.  Woke up this morn to temp of 56 and 57% humidity.  I know it is sweltering down there.  He has almost convinced me to live in northern MN June, July and August and I will probably agree after a couple days home.  Hope everyone has a great day and manage to stay cool.  1st pic - they did mine for gold up here so who knows what is at the end of that rainbow.  2nd pic - storm at sunset to the east of us yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the pics from yesterday but couldn't comment for some reason. Top one is frame-able!! Def. thinking about Florida. Would love for the T-storm to turn and give us some rain!! Symone has had rain all day in their travels and is now in Jacksonville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I completely forgot this was the week they were to be down there - gheez! I'm "friends" with resort vacation properties on FB and have been reading what is going on. Some of the employees did not evacuate and are riding the storm out and answering as many questions as possible. Some people are asking "well, my reservations start on Saturday so will I be able to come?and "The trip insurance will reimburse me for everything?" REALLY??!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool that they had a tournament up there! I wonder if anyone caught some big muskie that day? I looked it up on Wiki and it says,

    The common name comes from the Ojibwa word maashkinoozhe, meaning "ugly pike"

    Funny! I also read that some were measured at 6 feet long!!! Oh my gosh! I wonder what pound test lines they had to use! Or what BOAT they had to use! :)

    ReplyDelete